Assistant Depot Manager
Intercounty Truck & Van Ltd has been operating as a Mercedes-Benz franchise for 20 years with retail sites across central England. At Intercounty we also operate a number of fleet workshops that are dedicated to our large fleet customers. The fleet workshops not only repair mixed fleets of vehicles but also provide the same service for trailers and ancillary equipment too.
Our technicians, sales teams and back office support all share the same goal; to deliver an unrivalled customer experience, adding value through our products and services. Whether you run a single van or hundreds of trucks, Intercounty has the expertise across a diverse customer portfolio to offer the best service.
We currently have a position for an Assistant Manager to join our team at our Wellingborough depot.
- As Assistant Manager, you create a customer-oriented culture throughout the Service Team and Workshop to achieve customer and company operational goals.
- You contribute significantly to high customer satisfaction representing the Mercedes-Benz brand.
- You lead, motivate, and create a culture of cooperation and learning.
- You initiate regular communication with and between team members, as well as conducting performance appraisals to create personal development plans.
- You actively support the Depot Manager’s vision, strategy and objectives.
- You ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental requirements.
- You act according to ethical standards and are an example of integrity and company values.
- Leader: you are confident leading a team to ensure their wellbeing and development, and achieve business success.
- Accountability for others: you manage the team to ensure they carry out their roles and responsibilities fully and correctly.
- Self-management: you have excellent project and time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload to ensure all time-sensitive deadlines are met.
- Performance-driven: you communicate expectations clearly and use key figures to motivate and lead the team. You implement decisions effectively to achieve agreed company and MBT UK objectives.
- Quality-focused: you set high standards of quality, ensuring sustainability. You safeguard a high level of service quality as well as professional and competent communication.
- Customer-oriented: you are an effective communicator with a keen understanding of customer satisfaction factors. You can establish and communicate clear guidelines, rules of conduct and performance standards including complaint management.
- Completed training in a commercial/technical profession, ideally in the automotive industry (or comparable training).
- Additional training in Business Management.
- Several years’ professional experience in an operations service industry involving high customer expectations.
- Understanding of compliance associated with Heavy Goods Vehicles.
- Solid professional experience in personnel management and leading teams.
- Solid professional experience in dealing with customers and suppliers.
- In-depth knowledge about the key figures and levers to improve business performance.
- Basic legal knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements relating to health and safety and the environment.
- In-depth knowledge of the relationships between structures, processes, quality, customer satisfaction and business success.
- Knowledge of current software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office).
- Knowledge of service-relevant applications (DMS, XENTRY Products and Truckfile).
- Dealer Management System, General Accounts, Reporting
- XENTRY Products
- Pro IV
- MBT UK Service Product Portfolio incl. Zero Tolerance and Uptime
- S24h including Compass
- Compass (customer complaints)
Successful participation in the training series for Certified Service Manager
- Company pension
- Life insurance
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Finedon Road Industrial Estate
Broadway Business Park
8 Fingle Drive
Old Station Yard
Woodside Industrial Estate