Health and Safety Policy Statement
lntercounty Truck & Van are the approved Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle dealership representing the Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire and Lincolnshire areas.
It is the policy of lntercounty Truck and Van to do all that is reasonably practicable to protect the health, safety & welfare of our employees and other stakeholders who may be affected by our undertaking.
We agree that a positive Health & Safety culture subject to continuous improvement is integral in our belief that a fit, enthusiastic & committed workforce are key to the overall success of the business. Therefore, the Directors of lntercounty Truck & Van are committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health.
lntercounty Truck & Van will endeavour to ensure the provision of an effective Health & Safety management system with supporting arrangements to enable:
• Compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation, regulations & other requirements to which the organisation subscribes.
• Systematic risk management programmes based upon the identification of hazards & the development of appropriate preventative & protective controls based on the Hierarchy of Controls to eliminate
hazards and reduce OH&S risks.
• Continual improvement in Health & Safety performance through the setting of objectives, targets & key performance indicators.
• Provision of suitable & sufficient training programmes for employees .
• Regular opportunity for open communication and consultation with workers, workers representatives & interested parties to evaluate the effect of their actions, share best practice & raise awareness.
All employees have a legal duty to take reasonable care of their own Health & Safety and others that may be affected by their acts or omissions.
They are required to follow all relevant procedure, codes of practice & guidelines, reporting any matter likely to present danger to management.
The policy & supporting arrangements will be subject to regular senior management review to ensure their effectiveness & that its listed objectives remain appropriate for the business.
October 2023 (Issue 2.0)