Welcome to the Intercounty Truck and Van Ltd Apprenticeship Programme.
The Intercounty Truck and Van Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Programme gives you:
- A career to put you alongside some of Britain’s brightest young talent
- A career with one of the world’s most prestigious brands
- A chance to earn while you learn
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is an excellent opportunity to gain qualifications and experience. You will earn as you learn and gain practical skills in the workplace.
Watch our latest video (October 2018) to hear from our current & past students on how they find our Apprenticehip programme and working with Intercounty:
Initial selection process
You will attend an open week with our Head of Technical Development. This will include small mechanical tasks designed to assess your suitability for the programme.
Mercedes-Benz Heavy Vehicle Apprentice Programme - What's involved?
Year 1: Completed at MB Academy (7 weeks)
- Carrying out fundamental tasks common to all procedures in the workshop
- Complete a range of routine services
Year 2: Completed at MB Academy (9 weeks)
- Identify serviceability of worn components and the processes to replace them
- Carrying out more complex tasks in the workshop
Year 3: Completed at MB Academy (9 weeks)
- Diagnose faults that involve in depth investigation
- Rectifying faults found on all vehicle systems
- F-Gas Qualification
- High Voltage Awareness Qualification
Take a look at the short video below:
After the initial apprenticeship programme is completed and passed, Intercounty will add to the apprentice's development further still.
Intercounty will fund and facilitate the technician working towards and gaining a NVQ level 4 in advanced vehicle diagnostics.
Intercounty would also, in conjunction with the Mercedes-Benz UK training facility, commit to having the technician attain "system technician" level by the end of year 4.
Optional Development Bolt Ons -
- Tachograph Training
- Service 24Hr Roadside Technician Training
- HGV Class 2 License (to include a 3 year staff retention agreement)
- MOT Training
- HGV Class 1 License (to include a 3 year staff retention agreement)
What do our apprentices say about the programme?
“The apprenticeship gave me a head start on my university friends in terms of work experience. It also gave me the opportunity and confidence to pursue my passion as a career. I’d advise anyone to consider an apprenticeship as a serious option. Don’t be put off if you haven’t got any experience in the motor industry – Intercounty Mercedes-Benz are looking for people with potential” - William Paddock - Intercounty Peterborough.
“I chose the Mercedes-Benz Apprenticeship over A-Levels and I haven’t looked back since. I get to work towards academic qualifications and earn at the same time. Plus, I’ve had the chance to specialise in the Mercedes-Benz brand and learn a variety of skills from the experienced Intercounty staff. It’s challenging but I know if I work hard there are long-term career opportunities” - James Houghton - Intercounty Boston
“You learn so much both at work and college and on this programme you not only get your national qualifications, you get a specialist Mercedes-Benz qualification too, which is fantastic for my CV. I expected to be making the teas and cleaning up after the other technicians but that’s not the case at all” - Tom Kitchen - Intercounty Milton Keynes
To apply or for further details please call us on 01933 232600 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org