Service Team Leader (Wellingborough)
Service Team Leader - Wellingborough
We are currently looking for a Service Team Leader to cover our Wellingborough Depot.
Your key responsibilities will be to supervise, control and motivate front of house staff working within shifts/teams in order to maximize available man-hours and to assist as appropriate with administration/product support.
The person we seek will ideally have experience within the commercial vehicle sector and would have worked within a similar role with exceptional motivational skills.
Duties will include:-
• To supervise flow of work for their team into the workshop, allocating work as required and maximizing the use of available resource with-in required customer deadlines
• Receive customers and their vehicles (where required), discuss and confirm their requirements and examine the vehicles to determine their condition
• To keep key personnel/customers fully & regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion date/times
• To ensure that work is issued and completed to the agreed deadlines reporting any concerns to incoming team leaders prior to handover
• To monitor and update workshop loading to maximize workshop profitability
• To ensure that requested work is completed on time and to the expected standards
• Ensuring correct completion of PMI Inspection and Visual Health Checks details and customer communication.
• To ensure that repair orders are processed according to established guidelines
• Ensure that all customer complaints are dealt with both speedily and effectively, and that any unresolved problems are referred to the job holders immediate supervisor
• Compiling and maintaining a resource plan for the workshop and developing concepts and measures for load optimism
• Responsible for providing support to team members as and when required in order to assist in achieving a satisfactory level of first time repair.
• To take responsibility for sub contracted repairs and ensure the quality of such
• To ensure that the authorisation of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturers programme
• Ensure that proper use is made of technical information and that it is maintained up to date
• To ensure that a quality control procedure is carried out as per MBUK guidelines
• Carry out regular performance assessments of team members
• To monitor and enforce time control of team members
• To assist the service manager with planning relevant training programmes for team members to ensure that development is in line with departmental policy
• Reporting any lateness/unauthorised absence to the Service Manager.
• To report any issues which may arise of a disciplinary nature to the Depot Manager / Aftersales Director
• To ensure that the workshop is kept clean and tidy during shift working hours and to observe the relevant Health & Safety Regulations
• Guaranteeing cleanliness and orderliness or workshops and ensuring quality control of all completed tasks
• Monitoring compliance with all statutory regulations and ensuring Mercedes Benz quality and service standards are being met
• Ensure that within their area of operation all Company and Trade Associations policies, procedures and minimum standards, fire, health and safety are adhered to
• Handle all internal and external customers and suppliers with courtesy and ensure the Mercedes Benz Experience is delivered to all contacts at all times
• Adhere to Health & Safety Policies and Procedures at all times.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required for the job
• Full understanding of Standard Text Times and Warranty Procedures.
• Extensive practical experience in a service workshop of a prestige marque.
• Previous supervisory experience
• Good basic administrational knowledge.
• Should possess good customer relations skill to adapt to customers individual requirements whilst safeguarding the Company's interest.
• Should possess a calm and even temperament
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
• Ability to handle pressure without it affecting working relationships and effectiveness.
• Good basic administrational knowledge.
• Demonstrably numerate and literate.
• Should possess strong self organisational skills.
• Ability to use MB systems to estimate accurately times for diagnosis and repair.
• Ability to gain knowledge and understanding of servicing and repair jobs, to be able to estimate times for diagnosis and repair and the ability to determine condition of safety related parts i.e. tyres, brake pads etc.
• Ability to convey information accurately between source and third party.
• Ability to use all appropriate modules of DMS, particularly workshop loading and point of sale.
• Ability to identify and differentiate between the various MBCV models and lines.
• Knowledge of the function of all vehicle controls and systems for each model.
• Ability to work positively with manufacturer representatives.
The rewards include genuine career development opportunity and training through the Mercedes-Benz Customer Technical Administrator programme. Remuneration package will reflect the individual’s capability, skill and knowledge as well as the responsibility and tasks that the role demands.
If you feel you have the necessary skills required for this challenging role then please apply by contacting Yasmine Smith on the below email, telephone or address.
Yasmine Smith, Acting Depot Manager, Intercounty Truck & Van Limited, Stewarts Road, Finedon Road Industrial Estate, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire NN8 4TR Tel: 01933 232600 or 07860 952488 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st September 2018